Search This Blog

Saturday, June 19, 2010

An introduction

My name is Jackson. I am a law student with a BA in Philosophy. I also have a passion for horror and a lot of time on my hands, at present at least. My intent is to offer my take on the horror genre, taking my analysis as deep as I can.

What differentiates me from the myriad horror fans haunting the web is that though I love the horror genre, I will be the first to admit that almost all of the films I see are terrible. It takes something very special for me to actually like one.

As a means of introduction, I present my top 10 horror films:

1. Wait Until Dark (Young, 1967)
2. Psycho (Hitchcock, 1960)
3. American Psycho (Harron, 2000)
4. Se7en (Fincher, 1995)
5. Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968)
6. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Hooper, 1973)
7. Antichrist (Von Trier, 2009)
8. Deliverance (Boorman, 1972)
9. Silence of the Lambs (Demme, 1991)

See? I don't love enough of them to put a #10.

To date, I have seen 237 horror films.

If you are reading this, thank you. I appreciate your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment